Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Paleo inspired dish

So I've been hearing about the paleo diet lately and decided to read about it..i was pretty impressed...NO hoax or gimmicks...just simply eating clean based on foods that our ancestors consumed...so while strolling around trader joes earlier, i eyed some "beefless ground beef" which consists of soy and protein etc... now I know it's vegan and paleo diet does not consist of vegan recipes since a lot if the protein comes from the meats, but I made up a meal inspired by the paleo diet. Boil water with a little bit of olive oil and add chopped sweet potato...while potatoes boil, sauté onions and mushrooms over medium heat with olive oil. Next add the "beefless beef" and season with pepper and garlic powder and chopped up broccoli. Drain the potatoes and mash until completely mashed and smooth. Serve over the "meat" and enjoy..which I'm sure you will since my 11 month old did!









No comments:

Post a Comment